Saturday, March 19, 2016

Make a Splash Audrina

      Hello Crafty friends,

Katya Bess, here and I'm showing you a card I made with
As I sat here and thought to myself,
 "Hmmm what colors should I use today?"
I have some "go-to" colors but I try not color the same 
all of the time since I like to challenge myself
the only problem is, this method 
takes longer than usual to finish- although very fun
and relaxing it's still time consuming.
So some strategies I have for myself is to choose one
of these: chose realistic colors, go monochromatic, pick
analogous colors (which means colors that are next to each other in the color wheel)
or I go with complimentary colors (colors opposite to each other) 
and sometimes not exactly the opposite but still complimentary
(colors that are analogous to the complimentary color.)
I hope I didn't confuse you. :P

So, since I chose this lime green hair I chose a purpley 
mermaid tail with various pinks... I don't know
I think it goes together okay...  
I was going to go with a bluish or greenish hue
for the skin and then thought we have been 
having blackouts because of the storm here in the Bay Area. LOL  
This is how I also chose my coloring... the weather and upcoming events. 
(haha yea don't laugh)

Alright... too much rambling on my behalf
here is my card...

Audrina - Make a Splash  was so much fun to color! 
Since it was raining so much all I could think about was 
WATER and I chose to color a little mermaid for you all. :)

I chose Copic BG01 for the water making sure
that I gave it at least 3 coats- that is very important so it doesn't look
too streaky and doesn't really matter if it doesn't look
completely the same color since some areas will touch and 
it will have more that 3 coats, it is under water after all and 
water is constantly in motion and reflects lights and shadows in different directions.

Now for the bubbles you wants to use a much lighter color
I chose Copic B000, this sort of bleaches some of the color out
but not completely... just draw some random circles and fill them in
and they don't have to be perfect
in fact, making them a little more wonky will make them somewhat realistic.
Lastly where ever your light source is coming from you want to use
the Copic Blender (Copic 0) and highlight and finalize that water bubble look - 
I chose my light to come from the left and 
I don't always follow light source since light is tricky but I try.

I hope you get to try it out some day with this cutie. 
Here is a closer look at her and the subtle water bubbles too. :)
I used one of my favorite pens - Sakura Clear Star Gellyroll
to give her some sparkle on her star and the pearls on her hair.
I used Copic Opaque White to highlight her eyes
I don't know why I keep using the brush it comes with 
I made a big glob on her eye and had to make the eye-lights
different than I normally do. LOL   

I usually don't talk this much in person... 
(just in my crazy head. LOL) 

I hope you have a lovely weekend
enjoy it to the max!!! 

Thanks for stopping by,






No comments :

Post a Comment